Follicept

Παρακαλώ συνδεθείτε ή εγγραφείτε για να απενεργοποιήσετε τις διαφημίσεις.

GiannisTak

ελπιζω μονο να μην εχουμε περασει σε μια νεα γενια snake oils

Η επόμενη γενιά των snake oils ειναι εδώ, έχει επιστημονικό λούστρο και ονόματα πιο σοφιστικέ. Δεν είναι όπως το παλιό χοντροκομμένο στυλ με τα τρομερά γραμματικά λάθη "αρχαία κινεζικο γιατρικο βαζει τελος στην τριχόπτωση".

Καθώς οι "αρχαίες συνταγές" και τα μυστικά έχουν ξεφτίσει από την κατάχρηση, οι κατασκευαστές φιδέλαιων χρησιμοποιούν εικονογραφημένη "science" δηλαδή μια ζωγραφιά που απεικονίζει τα "μαγικά" συστατικά να προσκολλούνται (πως άραγε;) πάνω στο τριχοθυλάκιο και να εμποδίζουν την "κακή" dht. Περίπου σαν να κλειδώνεις μία πόρτα και να αφήνεις το κλειδί μέσα οπότε δεν μπορεί να μπει ο άλλος μέσα με το κλειδί του. Και αυτά πρέπει να τα πιστέψουμε επειδή πετούν και ένα "university of florida".

hairDerp

Καραφλοκόρακας
το τελευταιο update απο την εταιρια

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay- haven’t checked the forums in several days. Was in DC Monday, Atlanta yesterday/today. I’m exhausted, frankly. I have only slept one night in my bed in the past like 10 nights. I am as eager as you guys for this to work, for my own hair, for my own livelihood, and for all of you who have taken the time to encourage (or slam) me/us. You have no idea the nature or extent of the personal sacrifices Dr. Hsu, I, and the team are making to try to get this thing to go. Honestly, I feel the weight of all your hopes and concerns and skepticism and excitement weighing on me all the time. This isn’t something I take lightly. I don’t want to let you down, or be let down. I am not asking for sympathy, as this is my choice, just letting you know how much I have in this and how important it is to me.

I want to address a variety of things I have read over since my last post, in no particular order but hopefully with some coherence:

Re: the rat model/pics:

We used the CD hairless rat, which has a gene mutation that gives it kinky, wiry, wispy hair. This is ideal for transdermal testing, because it limits any follicular transport that could confound results, and the hair isn’t in the way. So basically, we are growing hair despite a gene that should be preventing it. We find that compelling. There are other rat models that are hairier or at least look it, used by other companies to show growth, about which you are all rightfully skeptical. As far as our pictures go- we are not professionals in that regard, and the inconsistency comes from user error and cropping, not from trying to find lighting or zoom that makes it look better than it is.

We began these animal studies assuming it would be brought through the normal drug development route. Many cosmetic companies and governments ban animal testing, thus we will not try this on any other animal model. Just humans with proper protocol and approval.

For human trials, we will be using a special camera and software that actually counts follicles present, and consistency of photos will absolutely be key.

Re: timeline of development:

The timeline may be optimistic but not impossible. I am a go-go-go type, and it’s my job to create urgency, and Dr. Hsu’s job to ensure scientific integrity and safety. Basically, right now IGF-1 is hard to get. The only indication it’s approved for is IGF-1 deficiency, a pretty small patient population. So it’s harder to get than we anticipated, but we are working to build up the supply chain for that for the long term, since it can take a while to get up and running. This is just speculation at this point, but I would not be surprised to see that we can only produce a few thousand units per month initially, so supply may be small up front and prices may be temporarily high. This is not to squeeze you but as a function of supply and demand. The goal is to have enough to supply our early adopters (at a reasonable price), as previously noted, and use that money to build out the full manufacturing. The other pieces are pretty simple- packaging, etc.

Along those lines, about IGF-1: we are not worried about safety but need to show efficacy and dosing schedule and cycles. The amount we are using is 1000x less concentrated than IGF-1 injections for IGF-1 deficiency, assuming one injection site. So we are 1000x less concentrated and also way more diffuse across the scalp- we don’t anticipate any side effect or ancillary issues. We are way less worried about safety issues/risks of side effects than about learning the dosing cycles that work. As long as we are showing reasonable growth amongst a reasonable amount of people, we will release and keep learning as we go. We’ll rely on you for a lot of that information.
The Website: a few people noted it was down and panicked. We’re still here, I just screwed up. We had a placeholder URL before we named the product. When we did name it, we just forwarded the domain as it was easier. Now we are dropping the placeholder and just making follicept.com be follicept.com. I forgot to change some settings so it was down for a bit. All better. (Also uploading our new and finalized logo tomorrow-check it out tomorrow afternoon EDT).

Part of the reason for that, and this addresses some other concerns brought up, is that in order to stay within FDA guidelines, we may be changing the claims of our product. We are not changing the formulation or product, but what we can say it achieves may need to change to stay in compliance with FDA regulations and get it to market ASAP. The results of the trials and the pictures will say all we need to about the product. The science behind it is sound, and results are what matter, not claims.

As far as selling out to investors and pharma, I can’t possibly predict that, but can tell you we definitely want this to stay on the shelves and wouldn’t sell to someone we thought would kill it. Not sure why they would either if it works or sells. That said, we like being the underdogs and being independent. We have goals for the overall company and technology, and we will do what we need to to achieve those. Hopefully sales will be enough. Truly, we aren’t greedy with it. If it’s serving its purpose, we couldn’t ask for more than that!

Re: the dreaded gel cap:

There is no “gel cap”. We envision using FolliceptTM in your sleep for convenience. If that is the case, it would be advisable to wear a breathable cap- like a surgeon’s cap that stays cool overnight to keep it off your pillow, face, eyes, etc. If it suits you better to use it for 6-8 hours during the day, go for it. As time goes on, it may become clear that more or less treatment time is required. Someone asked why we went public so early, this is partly why. We value your feedback and dialogue and always run across things we never would have expected or thought of. We also plainly thought it would be a lot more difficult to cut through the noise and gain any traction. We figured it would take 6 months to start connecting and gaining trust and excitement for our product which would launch around that time. Had no clue that we’d be received so well. Even the skepticism has been generally well-meaning and of course well-founded, and certainly more intelligent and informed than we would have imagined. So thanks for all that.

Re: the science:

I can’t get into our formulation too much, because it’s our secret sauce and the source of our IP. And frankly, it’s insanely simple so we don’t want it out there too much. We have been invited to present our technology at the American Diabetes Association Annual Meeting, and the European Society for Pediatric Endocrinology, so the science is sound. It has to do with a unique combination of thermosensitive components that had never been tried before. Dr. Hsu selected them for their thermosensitivity, but it turned out they had secondary properties that in this specific combination had a huge penetration-enhancing effect.

The minoxidil issue is not a marketing gimmick- I truly hadn’t even thought about that but wish I could take credit for how genius that sounds hahaha.

Minoxidil can be a very dangerous antihypertensive. The FDA has come down hard several times on Rogaine and other brands for variations and different concentrations because it can be so dangerous. This is actually the reason the hair growth space is so heavily regulated. Hopefully, you won’t need minoxidil because FolliceptTM works well enough anyway, but it will likely be a matter of safety such that we have to encourage you to stop minoxidil.

AGA is definitely a complex issue, likely a group of conditions/factors, and we hope to learn more and contribute to understanding of the issue, that’s another reason why the science so important to us.

Finally, about contacting us, when you sign up/comment on the site, I get a notification email with your comments (if any). Many people also separately send me the same comments/questions directly to my email. I am now up to between 100-300 emails a day, just from that stuff. I genuinely try to respond to any questions/comments I get, but it gets hard when I get the same things that are addressed in the FAQ or on this forum. We don’t know yet what Norwood levels we can affect to/from. We will tell you when trials begin. We will release those results as they happen, even if negative. As I said above, I take this position and project seriously, and it weighs on me because of who I am as a person, and the faith and hope you have placed in me/us. Thus, I kindly request that you limit your emails to me to specific questions if absolutely necessary. I will check the forum as often as I can, and respond and update. As before, if I go dark, it means I am busy helping get this closer to your hands and heads. I do get your notes of encouragement when you sign up, or funny comments, and though I immediately delete them so I can find emails from my boss and such (your addresses and comments are stored on the website server, don’t worry), I often smile or chuckle, so thanks. Don’t take it personally if I don’t respond- I usually try to at least say thanks.

I hope this encourages you all and lets you know where we are coming from. Hopefully it feels like an update and allays some concerns, even though we don’t have as much progress as we want by now. I will begin testing on myself the moment the IGF-1 comes in the door, which could be any day. I will make a video and/or pics the day I start it, and keep you posted on that for sure.

Take care and thanks for all the time and effort you put into supporting and advising us. Keep it up, we’re working hard for you.

Devon/Follicept/Prometheon Pharma.

poseidonas77

διαβασα ενα ποστ ενος μελους του baldtruthtalk που λεει οτι τους ρωτησε εαν δουλευει σε norwood 6 και απαντησαν οτι εαν λειτουργησει οπως περιμενουν τοτε θα δουλεψει και σε 6αρια...

"ask them if they expect follicept work for a norwood 6 .

Follicept answered me that if all goes as they hope will work well for norwood 6. I'm excited .

poseidonas77

μακαρι να δουλεψει διοτι θα δωσει ετσι μια κατευθυνση και ισως αυτο ωφελησει και τον ανταγωνισμο οπως ειδαμε με ολλες τις παραλαγες της μινοξ..

Dragon

Προσπαθώ να κρατήσω τις ελπίδες μου χαμηλά, αλλά τουλάχιστον μου φαίνεται από τον τρόπο που επικοινωνούν είναι κάποιοι επιστήμονες που βρήκαν τυχαία κάτι και έχουν ενθουσιαστεί και οι ίδιοι με το αποτέλεσμα και στον ενθουσιασμό τους πάνω το ανακοίνωσαν. Λίγο με χάλασε η νοοτροπία του βγάζω το προϊόν γρήγορα στην αγορά με υψηλό κόστος και μετά βλέποντας και κάνοντας (τουλάχιστον αυτό κατάλαβα από το update) αλλά ίδωμεν.

Όντως αν δουλεύει λογικά θα ξεπεταχτούν και άλλες εταιρείες με διαφορετικές φόρμουλες και συγκεντρώσεις, οπότε ίσως κάτι να γίνει. Άντε να πήξουμε στο μαλλί, να το κάνουμε afro και να πάμε όλοι μαζί σινεμά να κάτσουμε στις πρώτες θέσεις να ενοχλούμε τους πίσω. Καημό το έχω τόσα χρόνια.....

Παρακαλώ συνδεθείτε ή εγγραφείτε για να απενεργοποιήσετε τις διαφημίσεις.

hairDerp

Καραφλοκόρακας
Κατσε ακομα. Να δουμε πως θα πανε οι δοκιμες και αν οντως θα εχουν καποιο αποτελεσμα και μετα θα δουμε τι παιζει και με τις τιμες.

istorias

Chalandri
Πάντως τα λεγόμενα του δε μου θυμίζουν επαγγελματία. Και για πολλούς λόγους πιστεύω ότι αυτό το προϊόν δεν θα δώσει κάτι:
  1. Ο τύπος μιλά λες και είναι φιλαράκι. Σε βαθμό που ξερνάω: "I do get your notes of encouragement when you sign up, or funny comments, and though I immediately delete them so I can find emails from my boss". Φτιάξε ένα άλλο email που να μην "μπουκώνει". Τς τς.
  2. Πολλές φορές σε αυτό το μακροσκελές κείμενο φάσκει και αντιφάσκει. Για παράδειγμα από τη μία μας λέει: "For human trials, we will be using a special camera and software that actually counts follicles present, and consistency of photos will absolutely be key". Από την άλλη λέει ότι το Follicept θα δουλεύει καλύτερα από τη μινοξιδίλη (αφού δεν έχει δοκιμαστεί ακόμα πως το λες αυτό;) την οποία προτείνει να σταματήσουμε, χωρίς να είναι απαραίτητο, γιατί "κάνει κακό".
  3. Μας λέει ότι υπάρχει σοβαρή επιστήμη πίσω από το προϊόν και αυτό αποδεικνύεται από το ότι τους κάλεσαν από την European Society for Pediatric Endocrinology για να παρουσιάσουν την τεχνολογία τους. Ψάχνω στο site των ενδοκρινολόγων και δε βρίσκω κάτι. Μπαίνω στο δικό τους και βλέπω ότι η παρουσίαση είχε γίνει για άλλο προϊόν. Άλλα ντ' άλλα λοιπόν.
  4. 'Εχουν μια secret sause που δεν μπορούν να την αποκαλύψουν, γιατί είναι απλή και δεν θέλουν να την μάθουν ανταγωνιστές. Η λέξη secret sause πιστεύω ότι απευθύνεται σε βλάκες που αναζητούν το μαγικό γιατροσόφι. Κάτι σαν τα καρτούν dexter.

Το μόνο σοβαρό που ξεχώρισα είναι το εξής: Ακόμα και να δουλεύει το προϊόν, δεν ξέρουμε πολλά για τη διάρκειά του και τη δοσολογία του. Και αυτό γιατί λέει ότι θα το τεστάρουν σε πολλούς προκειμένου να δουν τον ιδανικό συνδυασμό. Επίσης λέει ότι θα ξεκινήσει να το τεστάρει και στον εαυτό του μόλις τους έρθει στο εργαστήριο και ότι θα ανεβάζει συνεχώς φωτογραφίες και βίντεο από τη χρήση του. Αυτά.

xk

τα πράγματα είναι απλά...δε μας νοιάζει αν θα είναι μούφα ή όχι γιατί θα το ξέρουμε πριν σκάσουμε τα λεφτά μας.Το ίδιο έγινε και με το προίον του κινέζου,το έστειλε τζάμπα σε μερικά άτομα ΔΕ ΔΟΥΛΕΨΕ τέλος,τι είχαμε τι χάσαμε...

απλά λες απο μέσα σου ότι δε θα δουλέψει για να μην απογοητευτεις όσο περιμένεις

Dragon

Έχω την αίσθηση ότι πατενταραν την μέθοδο που έχουν βρει για την μεταφορά ουσιών μέσα από το δέρμα όχι την ουσία αυτή καθεαυτή. Για αυτό είναι σίγουροι ότι η ουσία θα φτάσει στο θύλακα. Τώρα αν δουλεύει η ουσία είναι αλλού παπα Ευαγγέλιο.

Και εμένα πολύ παρειστικος μου φαίνεται ο τρόπος επικοινωνίας τους. Αν είναι όντως ο τρόπος τους αυτός και οχι ένα νέο είδος μαρκετινγκ... :)

Serifis

Παιδιά, καταλαβαίνω ότι εδώ και πολλά χρόνια έχουμε μπουχτήσει σε snake oils και υποσχέσεις και 5ετίες. Χαλαρώστε όμως τα μυαλλά σας και μην κλαίγεστε...Το να λέμε υποθέσεις γιατί δεν θα πιάσει ΚΑΙ αυτη η θεραπεία είναι αστείο. Είναι αστείο να λέμε δικαιολογίες του τύπου: A αυτός μπαίνει στα φόρουμ και μιλάει κάπως. Α αυτό που λένε εγώ το αμφιβάλω, ενώ δεν έχετε (συμπεριλαμβανομένου και εμένα) βασικές γνώσεις πάνω στο θέμα μαλλιά! Λοιπόν, η ιστορία δεν είναι με το μέρος μας συμφωνώ. Η ιστορία είναι όμως για να αλλάζει. Μην μπένετε σε τέτοια θέματα και βγάζετε αρνητικά σενάρια. Η αλήθεια είναι μια, όταν θα βγει αυτό το πράγμα θα ξέρουμε. Όλοι μας μπαίνουμε εδώ μέσα γιατί ελπίζουμε!

Μπλουζα