Απάντηση του Δρ. Λεε

Κατάσταση
Δεν είναι ανοικτή για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.

sito

Είχα στείλει ένα e-mail στον Δρ. Λεε με θέμα " Some questions about hairloss treatment".
Σας κοινοποιώ το e-mail γιατί θεωρώ οτι λέει κάποια πράγματα που μπορούν να φανούν χρήσημα σε όλους μας.

First of all, thank you for your quick response to my last e-mail. Please excuse me for spending your valueable time with my questions, but dermatologists in my area are acting quite ignorant towards androgenetic alopecia (For example the only mediacation they prescribe their patients is minoxidil, they totally ignore finasteride as a treatment against MPB instead they prescribe expensive vitamin supllications).

There is no scientific evidence that there are any specific nutrients and/or vitamins that will prevent or reverse MPB. Preventing or reversing MPB is much more complicated and much more difficult than correcting a nutritional deficiency due to poor intake.

As I told you, I am norwood scale 2 and I am 22 years old. My hairline started to receed slowly about 1,5 year ago and I didn't even notice it. I noticed about 8 months ago that I am loosing more and more hair and my hair in the front is now very thin and colourless. About 2 months ago I started propecia and fungoral shampoo (european brand name of nizoral/ the days I don't use fungoral, I use Neutrogena's T-gel for greasy hair) and 1,5 month ago I started with your Minoxidil 5% w/o propylene glycol (I am not allergic to propylene glycol). I experienced some side effects due to the use of propecia like lowered libido and less volume of sperm (but my sperm didn't look like water like some other users of propecia refer). After 1 month of 1mg finasteride my libido got a little better but not like it used to be before the use of finasteride so I decided to stop propecia 2 weeks ago and try some topical dht/anti-androgen agents. I haven't used propecia for 2 weeks, my libido is still at a lower level than it used to be before propecia, the volume of my sperm is still less, and I have also noticed that since I started propecia I don't have any prospermatic fluids. How long is it normal for theese side effects to occur after stopping the use of finasteride?

Side effects are usually resolved within 2 weeks of discontinuing finasteride. For some patients, the side effects can take up to 6 months to resolve.

In my last e-mail I asked you about topical spironolactone. Ι made my own 2% topical spironolactone liquid (with alcohol, propylene grycol, purified water and aldactone pills). Now I use 2 timers per day 1ml of minoxidil 5% and at night 1ml spironolactone 2%, 10 minutes before I apply minoxdil.

You may apply alcohol based Minoxidil, Xandrox or spironolactone after shampooing to dry or towel dried hair or if you find any of these topicals to be a cosmetic challenge, then it may be useful to know that most of the medicines in the alcohol based liquid formulas that absorb, absorb into the dermis within an hour after application. You may swim, rinse, blow dry, wash or shampoo your hair an hour after application. It is not advisable to blow dry your hair shortly after applying Minoxidil, Xandrox or spironolactone as it causes the transfer agent, alcohol, to evaporate prematurely, leaving minoxidil crystals on the scalp and not deep down in the dermis where it is needed.

I want to try your spironolactone lotion 5% because I consider the liquid cosmetically inacceptable due to its smell.

Why don't you use up all of the 2% rather than throwing it away? Only apply it at night and wash it off an hour after application.

The feeling of the lotion on the scalp and hair, could be compared to the feeling of aloe vera on the scalp and hair?

The lotion is water soluble and can be rubbed into the skin like vanishing cream.

Can any systematic side effects occur from the use of topical spironolactone?

When used as directed, there would be no systemic effects. Spironolactone metabolizes rapidly in the skin where it is applied and does not cause systemic effects.

( I intend to use the 5% lotion in the morning after applying minoxidil, and at night 1ml of spironolactone 2% liquid before minoxidil, is this too much?).

The twice daily regimen you are suggesting is an optimum treatment.

Also, are their any other solutions for an efficient topical medicament that cand handle dht?

Yes, all Xandrox formulas contain 5% azelaic acid. Azelaic acid will inhibit virtually all synthesis of DHT in the scalp at the follicle level, but not by binding with either of the 5 alpha reductase enzymes. (Propecia binds with type 2, 5-alpha reductase.) It will inhibit the synthesis of all of the hormones in the 17-hydroxy group, which would include testosterone, DHT and androstenediol, the most potent of the androgens.

My last questions is about the use of minoxidil. Dermatologists in my area prescribe for MPB minoxidil 5% but they tell their patients to use it 3 months and then to stop it for 2 months and then again to start it for 3months and so on. Is their any sense in this?

It is bad advice. There are a lot of misconceptions about minoxidil and 'tolerance'. Minoxidil will help to recruit atrophic follicles to grow thicker hair again for about two years (sometimes as long as three years). Beyond that time, it continues to help keep the hair in the anagen phase, so the new hair has a longer anagen phase.

But, because most patients do not see any significant 'improvement' after a few years, they are assuming that the minoxidil has caused a tolerance and is no longer 'working'. If they are unfortunately convinced to stop minoxidil treatment, the hair that they have regrown will shed again in 1-2 months.

Με κανονικά γράμματα είναι οι ερωτήσεις μου και σε παράθεση είναι η απάντηση του Δρ.Λεε σε κάθε ερώτηση

Παρακαλώ συνδεθείτε ή εγγραφείτε για να απενεργοποιήσετε τις διαφημίσεις.

Παναγιωτης

Μέλος του προσωπικού
Απ: Απάντηση του Δρ. Λεε

ευχαριστουμε πολυ

λιγο πολυ ειναι οτι λεμε εδω

καλο ειναι να το δουν και οι υπολοιποι χρηστες και να συγκρινουν αυτα που λεμε εμεις εδω και καιρο
πιστευω μας δικαιωνει

kondax

Απ: Απάντηση του Δρ. Λεε

Μπραβο για τη διμοσηευση βοηθαει πολυ!!!αρκετα ενδιαφεροντα μου φανηκαν

Κατάσταση
Δεν είναι ανοικτή για περαιτέρω απαντήσεις.
Μπλουζα